Blogging is now known to be one of the key components of search engine optimisation and content marketing, however with his in mind when looking for blogging to be as beneficial as possible in terms of exposure, it is important for people to plan accordingly. If you are a company/website owner looking to gain as much organic reach as possible this year, you are in luck. Today we are going to providing some excellent industry tips, as provided to us by a UK leading SEO Company.
Know your blogging goals
What are you blogging goals? Before you start blogging it is important to set clear goals, and no you cannot just use ‘to gain more organic traffic’ as your goal. You need to be much more concise that this, some popular goals in which people use include:
- To get more email list sign-ups and newsletter subscribers
- To reach a more targeted audience for retargeting campaigns
- To get more sales
- To gain more exposure for your company
Knowing your goals before starting out will allow you to develop the most appropriate and advantageous blogging strategy.
Blog topic research
You should not write blog posts just for the sake of writing them. Yes it is important to consistently share content, however it is of utmost importance to ensure that this content is relative and informative. Luckily for all there are now many ways to brainstorm topics to bring in relevant traffic, with just some ideas for sourcing blog ideas including the following:
- Use social media to discover problems that your relevant audience are facing, and provide them with articles to combat their problems
- Consider using a content research tool to find relevant articles that you can read to discover information for your own posts
- Check what content your competitors are putting out and work out which was the most beneficial for them
- Ask your customer support team about common questions that they get asked
Much more than words
This year it is more important than ever before for blog posts to contain so much more than words, mainly because consumers are much more likely to engage with blog posts that contain additional aspects such as video, audio, images and slides.
Outreach and promotion
To ensure that your blogs posts can be seen by the maximum number of relevant people you need to ensure that you blog posts are placed in the best places, not only consistently updating your website blog but also using outreach blogging services to get your content placed on some of the most popular industry websites.